Visualization provides marketers useful insights and helps their decision-making processes by making complicated datasets and results from data analyses easier to interpret (Lurie & Mason 2007). In Essay 1 of my dissertation, in addition to conducting data analyses on brand knowledge structures that are stored as brand associations networks in consumer memory, I also generate visuals of brand image. Some visuals I generated are shown below:
A word cloud with the 55 brand associations that appear on the brand consensus map for Nike, in which the font size is proportional to the term frequency across brand concept maps (from Essay 1 of my dissertation).
Brand consensus map for Nike that contains salient brand associations. The thickness of the ties indicates the strength of association between nodes (from Essay 1 of my dissertation).
Students have the option to provide written comments on the Student Response to Instruction (SRTI) forms at the Umass Amherst. The following comments are from students in my Sports Policy class (Fall 2016 and Spring 2017). Each quote is from a different student. Comments are unedited. I am more than happy to share the original SRTI forms if you would like to see them. Please send me an email to request the original SRTI documents.
- “The discussions in this course were always fun and Abdullah created a comfortable environment for everyone to participate. Abdullah is a wonderful professor and I’m sorry to be done with this class.”
- “Abdullah is one of the best instructors I have had at Umass. He is able to balance presenting information and stimulating class discussion very well.”
- “Class was very interactive. Stimulated a lot of good discussions.”
- “Abdullah was a very good teacher and is passionate about helping us learn the course material.”
- “Abdullah did a good job of explaining material and inspiring interest in subject matter.”
- “Abdullah is extremely knowledgeable and cares about students.”
- “He focused a lot on getting everyone to participate which helped retain the info.”
- “Things learned were relevant. Good class, abdullah was awesome.”
- “Abdullah was one of the best professors I’ve had here. I was forced to miss some class time due to an injury and he couldn’t have made the time easier.”
- “I really enjoyed this class and thought Abdullah did a great job teaching some tough material.”
- “Great guy, good prof.”
- Instructor – Sport Marketing (Fall 2017)
- Instructor – Sport Policy (Spring 2017) (enrolled: 20)
- Instructor – Sport Policy (Fall 2016) (enrolled: 14)
- Teaching Assistant – Sport Policy (Spring 2016)
- Teaching Assistant – Introduction to Sport Management (Fall 2015)
This pdf document presents my teaching portfolio: